today is a very important day.
world aids day.
we living in this lifestyle think this is a joke or not to be taken seriously.
but, it isn’t funny or something that shouldn’t be glossed over because it’s scary.
aids is wiping us out.
it is killing us by the dozens.
i have met so many people who are now HIV+ this year alone.
some are still living their lives,
others are still being hoes and not telling their partners.
pornos are cute with the raw sex and i will admit,
i like to watch.
but when it comes to sticking your meat in me,
you WILL wrap up that kielbasa to go.
i don’t care how fine you are or how much money you have.
i love me too much.
i don’t like crunchy meat to start with.
plus, my parents warned me about putting raw meat in my mouth.
not every sausage that looks tasty is goof for you.
it is sad and absolutely disgusting how careless we can be.
just imagine the wolf you are talking to now,
had sex with someone the night before,
who had sex with hybrid who is HIV+ days ago.
just passing diseases left and right.
that train of carelessness now has reached you.
an innocent bystander…
so today i want you all to just bring awareness to this issue in your own way.
stop at the store and re-up on condoms.
go out and get tested.
know your status.
hiv is not what it use to be,
but it is still something that needs to be talked about.
alicia keys, congresswoman barbara lee, and valerie jarnett (senior adviser to the president) are having a twitter discussion about the issue.you can start on a keys twitter (@aliciakeys) and tune in!
a big congratulations to the winner of the RED RIBBON CONTEST.
it made me a little sad there wasn’t a huge bum rush,
but i realized that many of my readers are anonymous,
so not a lot of people will put themselves out there.
(check out ONE Condoms and see what they have to offer!)
thank you for even tuning in and being a part of what i have to offer,
then and now.
still means a lot.
i want you guys to be safe out there when you leave the foxhole.
so get your shit right and wrap it up each time.
- WORLD AIDS DAY: Tray Chaney a.k.a. “Poot” from “The Wire” Creates A Rap-It-Up Anthem (allhiphop.com)
- World AIDS Day 2012: 10 Facts To Know, Ways To Help (huffingtonpost.com)
- Photos: World AIDS Day 2012 (abcnews.go.com)
- 10 Things We’ve Learned About HIV/AIDS This Year (huffingtonpost.com)
- Rising HIV Rates: A (Kind Of) Good Thing? We Explain (refinery29.com)
- World Aids Day (mergatroidbooks.com)
- Aboriginal HIV infections a growing problem in Canada (cbc.ca)
- How close are we to a world without AIDS? (tv.msnbc.com)