The following has light spoilers.
so as you know,
i dragged the re-boot of sex and the city.
“and just like that” on hbo max was not getting my vote before i watched,
but i decided to give it a shot.
one of my friends demanded i watch it since i’m the “in the know” in their life.
so i did just now and i’m gonna font a controversial statement…
I was actually REALLY into that storyline.
i’m typing this.
When they killed off ________ it actually made a shit ton of sense.
as we all know,
death can totally jump-start someone’s story in real life and in a show.
i think the killing was needed tbh because it would just be “hi let’s catch up!“.
a few thoughts:
– carrie became a prude in her younger age,
the fact she was so confused with the graphic sex talk on the podcast,
especially with a friend like samantha jones,
was confusing to me.
– lily giving that piano that work >
– carrie just wanting to watch big jack off was so bizarre.
ima need you to get involved!
tickle a ball or talk dirty to him.
– do kids actually fuck like hardcore rabbits in their parent’s house?
like bedhead banging against the parent bedroom wall tho?
must be a white household thing.
– nicole ari parker looks soooooooo good.
black looks so preserved when it’s watered and moisturized.
– miranda looks the best out of all of them.
is she a full-time drunk now or…?
– i was originally annoyed by callie since her character in grey’s anatomy is annoying af,
but she warmed me over.
– charlotte’s husband,
looks really good.
– it’s sad to watch willie garson aka standford knowing he passed away.
rip to him.
my only issue tho:
The excuse as to why Samantha isn’t with them is AWFUL.
ryde or die for carrie bradshaw,
ended a friendship because of hiring another publicist?
all in all,
i am interested in how this will all go down for this season.
and just like that…
jamari fox is tuned in.