this hat didn’t age well,
kanye should have just stuck with mentally abusing the black community.
he would have thrown us under the bus for another era,
used his white voice on white platforms,
he would have gone ahead to become even richer.
he decided to go after a stronger & more connected community,
became the face of “fuck around and found out“,
and in his latest cancelation…
Adidas on Tuesday ended its partnership with Ye, formerly known as Kanye West, after the musician made a series of offensive and antisemitic comments.
Hours later, Gap
and then Foot Locker said they would immediately remove Yeezy products from its stores.
“Foot Locker, Inc. does not tolerate any form of antisemitism, or hateful and discriminatory behavior. While we remain a partner with adidas and carry a wide assortment of their collections – we will not be supporting any future Yeezy product drops,” a Foot Locker spokesperson said.
Gap also shut down YeezyGap.com, which now redirects to the Gap website.
“Antisemitism, racism and hate in any form are inexcusable and not tolerated in accordance with our values,” said Gap, which announced in September that it would end its partnership with Ye. The clothing retailer said at the time it would sell through its remaining Yeezy inventory.
Gap and Foot Locker’s statements echoed what Adidas said earlier. “Adidas does not tolerate antisemitism and any other sort of hate speech. Ye’s recent comments and actions have been unacceptable, hateful and dangerous, and they violate the company’s values of diversity and inclusion, mutual respect and fairness,” the company said.
“After a thorough review, the company has taken the decision to terminate the partnership with Ye immediately, end production of Yeezy branded products and stop all payments to Ye and his companies. Adidas will stop the Adidas Yeezy business with immediate effect.”
Adidas’ decision also cost Ye his billionaire status.
the companies that have dropped kanye so far via ( x axios ):
- Balenciaga: Kering, the parent company of luxury fashion house Balenciaga, told the fashion publication Women’s Wear Daily last week that it severed ties with Ye.
- MRC: The film and television studio MRC announced on Monday that it would not distribute a recently completed documentary on Ye over his comments, saying it could not “support any platform that amplifies his platform.”
- Vogue: A spokesperson for the magazine told Page Six last week that it and its editor-in-chief Anna Wintour do not intend to work with him in the future.
- CAA: The Creative Artists Agency, a major Hollywood talent and sports agency, confirmed to Axios on Monday that Ye was no longer a client. The Los Angeles Times first reported the agency ended its relationship with Ye over his antisemitic comments.
- Adidas: The German multinational retailer announced Tuesday that it had ended its partnership with Ye, effective immediately, and saying, “Ye’s recent comments and actions have been unacceptable, hateful and dangerous.”
- Gap: The company said Tuesday it was “taking immediate steps” to remove Yeezy Gap product from their stores, and said it had shut down YeezyGap.com.
- Foot Locker: The retailer has pulled Yeezy shoes from its sales floors and online store, FootwearNews.com reports.
the kardashians are probably trying to find a way to separate themselves,
even though kim started that process when his wyldin was at level 3.
the yeezy stans i know have decided the goalpost isn’t worth moving.
it was all good when he said slavery was a choice but his latest antics…
article cc: cnbc