did you know the 2018 bet awards came on tonight?
i literally just found out it was coming on the other day.
they use to do heavy promo,
but i guess they started putting it together last week.
i have a few thoughts…
the show is like gin at this point
– what happened to jamie foxx?
i don’t remember him being so dull.
i think i chuckled a few times,
but he wasn’t his usual self.
his skin looked real nice and tanned tho.
– michael b jordan looked high key over anything “black panther”.
you could tell when jamie brought him on stage.
wasn’t that whole situation awkward?
– childish gambino also looked so awkward on that stage.
– the audience seems bored and confused 90% of the time.
– nicki did good in her performance.
the crawling on the floor threw me off tho.
i’ve come to realize she is just “good” when she performs.
nothing epic or “omg”.
i love her music with a passion.
it really makes me feel peaceful and “rich”.
her tribute was amazing.
ledisi is so underrated.
– i am about to be on a straight obsession with h.e.r.
her performance was probably the best of the night
– good to see meek turning his life around.
– i loved they honored those black kings and queens!
– janelle is amazing.
she legit sounds like she does on the record.
– i gotta listen to this gospel album from snoop.
his performance turned me out
other than that,
the award show wasn’t anything special.
it was something to have as background noise.
they need to hire a creative director for the bet awards.
it seems like it gets worse or…
Has music just gotten so lackluster that it reflects the times?
there is no reason why it use to be such a cultural event,
but it barely has any star power in the audience.
i think we don’t have much “stars” anymore.
they are all so accessible that we don’t fiend to see them.
before social media,
we were able to miss them.
they would pop up at these events for the exposure.
i hope they can pull it together next year.
don’t hold your breath.
lowkey: i feel like if our big and only music stars showed up:
a time machine to bring back pre-kanye
that might makes folks want to tune in.