so thanks to sling tv,
i was able to watch the 2017 bet awards.
everything went smooth and it was in hd!
it froze like twice,
but i did a quick reset and it was back to normal.
thank God it happened during commercials.
i wanted to share my thoughts since i couldn’t sleep.
1) leslie jones is just loud.
loud af for no reason.
some of her jokes were funny,
while many fell flat.
it’s good to see a black vixen commanding a stage,
but she may have needed someone to balance her out.
2) bruno mars literally has “beyonce”’d all the r&b wolves.
he came and did what we were missing in r&b.
production and melodies
he isn’t odee with graphic sexual talk.
r&b was about love.
now it’s gotten pretty self absorbed.
bruno is a threat now.
i don’t know what that was tonight.
tonight’s performance wasn’t good at all.
he knows how to perform on his tours…
…but he can’t do a live performance successfully.
it’s not like his last album was trash either.
on a main stage like the bet awards,
it’s all about the crowd and the audience at home.
he needed a rapper wolf.
his vocals weren’t strong and he was kinda boring.
i wanted him to he perform “animal” and…
it was a snoozer.
he didn’t make me want to ride him tonight.
the dragging should awaken his creativity.
4) chris brown was ok.
he is a great performer,
but he is starting to be a one trick pony too.
one long songs and performances.
gucci saved him.
5) kunfu kenny saved future.
so many others sound like him now.
he doesn’t stand out anymore.
6) yara shahidi is the future.
7) xscape made me want to buy a ticket to see them live at the essence festival.
i’m high key rooting for tiny.
she looked so happy up there.
8) i loved seeing our first lady,
taking her time out to show love.
9) can we talk about how humble chance the rapper is?
when you put God first,
magic can happen.
10) aunt mary wasn’t playing tonight.
i love how she vocally dragged kendu on a glo up high.
11) we need more black vixen performers…
12) sza makes me accept my inner side hoe.
i’m sorta okay with that.
13) THAT NEW EDITION TRIBUTE>>>
THE MAIN PERFORMANCE >>>>>>
i was screaming like a teenage vixen in my bedroom.
the “teen ne” had my loins on fire.
they are all so fine.
“old ne” killed it.
i could watch that performance over and over.
14) i love my people!
15) did el debarge not kill “careless whisperer” tho?
16) i need to know what that maxwell song was…
17) i was so glad they gave remy that award.
i also knew she was gonna be petty af too.
18) did i mention i love my people?
19) milan christopher was front row.
20) i’ll be seeing “girl’s night”.
21) i’m convinced tamar was lip syncing.
i’m sure there is more,
but that award show was long!
i’ll give it a b-.