this was during good times.
you know the moment you (baller wolf) realize you are now the shit.
you get that big check and you go wild.
everyone pats you on the back.
you didn’t have to work for nothing because everything came easy.
you start doing shit you know your broke ass wouldn’t have done in college.
with yes men, money hungry hoes, and no one who truly gives a shit about you…
…you become the example.
one of the many examples to be rolled out as the years go on of how stupid you were.
everything that brought you pleasure is now highlighted as mistakes.
vince young got dropped by the buffalo bills and has no money.
but what puzzles me with his whole story is what he spent his money on….
- $600 shots of Louis XIII from Morton’s restaurants for his buddies -He’d go to Morton’s and drop hundreds of bucks on shots. All of Nashville was getting drunk.
- He once spent $6,000 at TGI Fridays. TGI freaking Fridays! How do you spend that much money there?! They have specials!
- He wanted to be alone one day so he bought every ticket on a Southwest Airline flight to be by himself.
- He had a Cheesecake Factory addiction that caused him to spend $5,000 a WEEK on food there. A week!
- Him and a teammate once bought 75 shots of Patron in 30 minutes. We hope they didn’t drink it all themselves.
- He invested in the Vince Young Steakhouse. Restaurants never go well for celebrities smh.
- He’s also alleged to have spent hundreds of dollars buying bottles for every woman he sees that’s attractive every where he went. Calm it down, Vinny.
first of all,
why did he spend all his bread in chain restaurants?
this all sounds like someone who had low self esteem.
all this damn drinking tho…
the stories i use to hear about vince.
this was once the baller wolf who had a $26 million guaranteed contract.
he also had other endorsements and a reebok deal.
you couldn’t tell him shit i bet.
but, is it really his fault?
many of these pre baller wolves and even baller wolves are mis-guided.
their successful role models are rappers.
they spend money on things they went to bed and jerked off too.
they also want to show off to people who hated.
it’s the same story of anyone who gets a lot of money at one time.
hood kid + no guidance + low self esteem – true people on his team = the situation.
i look at someone like victor cruz and i get this impression he is being guided correctly.
i could be wrong,
he isn’t out in the clubs, not in the gossip blogs, and is pretty low key.
every time i see him, he is getting a check with something he is promoting.
(one part of me thinks because he is spanish and they hustle HEA. VY.)
why is he so different than others with this same “baller wolf” story?
i started to wonder…