as you know from my ( x scream ) entry,
i am a huge slasher movie buff.
out of all the slasher movie killers,
i am scared of michael myers.
its the slow walking and heavy breathing for me.
i liked the story of this killing machine who stalks his sister,
well in the new remake of halloween,
they changed the story that he is some random psycho stalking a random laurie strode.
she isn’t related to him at all in this new version which kills the whole vibe for me.
i went to see ( x the remake with hunter back in 2018 ) and hated it.
i watched the sequel on peacock,
today and (with heavy spoilers)…
– the kills were pretty intense.
i’ll give em that.
michael was not playing when he was throwing paws.
– it wasn’t scary or thrilling.
i didn’t jump once,
or three times.
– the random survivors were super random.
they made the plot even more confusing with all the flashbacks.
– the “taraji p. henson” and her goofy husband made me eye-roll so hard.
their deaths were exquisite tho.
– is everyone in haddonfield stupid?
– NO ONE IN THIS TOWN KNOWS HOW TO SHOOT A GUN????????????
– why couldn’t this old black lady who couldn’t get out her own house?
– why would anyone even move into michael’s old crib?
doesn’t he go back there every halloween?
– they could have killed off laurie strode.
she brought absolutely nothing to this movie.
– i’m glad the annoying daughter was killed off.
– we have established that michael is pretty much immortal,
i’m guessing his mask is his source of super strength.
– why do people think they can tango with michael?
they all thought they could go toe to toe with michael.
none of them know how to shoot or are experts in combat.
– did michael myers train under jason statham?
he was very agile in his old age.
– why did they think the mental escapee was michael?
i thought that part was stupid.
i’m glad the movie was terrible tho.
it reinforces that:
a – they shouldn’t have changed what wasn’t broken
b – watching these movies on streaming services help us make better choices with our money
i would be annoyed af if i paid to watch halloween kills.
if you wanna watch it for some gore,
go right ahead.
you’re not missing anything.
you can watch halloween kills for free on: peacock