Tears of a Hungry Clown

tumblr_lvqcuaLItY1qk6bpjo1_500it pays to have good friends in your life.
these are the people who make me go on,
even when i feel like giving up.
so this morning,
half asleep,
karaoke texted me asking me to do her a favor.
she wanted my cable info to watch a show on her computer.
since she is one of my closest friends that i trust,
i said why not?
one thing about karaoke is she cooks really good.
her family makes the best food.
she always sends me pictures of food she makes.
well i’m no where close to florida to get some food,
and i was stupid hungry,

so i texted jokingly…

“i’ll take breakfast to go!
thanks!”

she replied:

“well it will be 30 minutes-ish!”

i laughed.
i got up and made a small breakfast for myself.
i do mean “small”.

2 hot dogs
2 slices of bread

it didn’t have a lot of food in my fridge.
after i made it,
i went back to my room and got ready for e-church.
as i was watching,
a number i didn’t recognize called me.
when i answered,
the person did not speak any kind english.
i told them they had the wrong number.
well 5 minutes later,
they called back again.

“bro you have the wrong number.”

silence.
i hung up.
in about 5 minutes,
they called again!

“yooooo you have the wrong number!
stop calling my phone!”

i had to pull the (he)bitch out because he was making me real vex.
as i was hanging up,
i heard the person say…

“…jamari.”

i was confused as hell.
i started to wonder if it was someone i actually knew?
was it someone in trouble?
were they kidnapped and speaking in some kind of code?
i know,
but i had to look at the possibilities.

i got a little worried.
i didn’t know the number,
but this person knew my name.
suddenly karaoke called me.

“dude.
the delivery guy is in your hallway with breakfast.
he says he is calling,
but you keep hanging up!”

200i was so embarrassed.
i ran to open the door and sho nuff,
this short spanish wolf was outside my door with 2 bags.
i did not think karaoke thought i was serious about breakfast!
i apologized to this non-english speaking wolf profusely.
soooo definitely need to work on my latest funky attitude.
inside the bags was:

an omelette
hash browns
3 large pancakes
a smoothie

much better than what i made.
ya’ll.
i cried.
you know i get dumb emotional over shit like this.

“oh god!
wimp!

don’t cry on me!”

the fact she did that for me when i was joking about the entire thing.
she told me how she googled the closest restaurant to me.
she paid for my breakfast all the way from florida.
she hoped the food was good.
i never even ate at that spot,
but the food was incredible.
even if it was bad,
i would have eaten it anyway.
i am so thankful for what she did.

lowkey: if you have a chance to do a good deed,
the way the person feels after you do it is incredible.
pay it forward for one of your friends this week.
foxhole homework assignment.

giphy

1. Avid follower said:

Wow, what a great friend! It’s a blessing to have those types of people in your life.

2. TommyPickles said:

Wow that was nice of her!

3. Kelly said:

Aww… Jamari that was so sweet of her see jamari friends are not just hee-hee and ki-ki potnas lol! Friends are supposed to be an extension of your family and that’s what I like about mature adult friendships but it takes a real friend to be a friend and when you come across a good one you hold on to them btw why I get this Iyanla Vanzant sister friend vibe from her I like her.

4. so are you gonna call the spanish wolf?? and apologize again

5. jay said:

Thay was so nice. Love to hear about genuine people.

6. Christian said:

You know, J a lot of times I try to do stuff like that and it gets taken the wrong way!
    Like the time during a heat wave I offered the mailman a bottle of water, which he initially refused because he thought I was coming on to him.
    I’ve done the same for people at work, and it’s been misconstrued. You can have a good hear, but some people can be jaded and think you’re doing it for something in return. As one person told me once, no one does something for someone else without an ulterior motive. I had to laugh at that one.

7. mikey kun said:

The was so sweet of her, but I’m not surprised whenever you write about her it always about how good of a friend she is.

8. Swaggonauto said:

Damn I nearly cried and teamed myself but I’m in public so I have to chill. Lol. It’s a lot of no good people in this world but there are many more good ones that make it worth the time. That was super sweet and selfless act of her.

9. King said:

So wonderful! Great things happen to great people! This was so sweet.

10. Lindo said:

Aww bendito she is so fucking nice! I like her.

11. Ramrod said:

Now that is a real friend!

12. RonnieL said:

It’s such a Blessing to have a friend like karaoke. Hold on to her, real friendships are precious and rare these days. My best friend and I have been since 6th grade, we celebrate 43 years of friendship this year.

• Dignified said:

Wow! 43 years? That’s awesome RonnieL! Sounds like fam!

• RonnieL said:

He is D.

13. Eric said:

That was so nice of her ‘that’s what friends are for'(Dionne Warwick) lol, but seriously everyone needs a friend like Karaoke. Jamari we all know you experienced traumatic loss in your life, and I know that nothing can replace that just remember that you have people that care so much about you. I have said it before and I’ll say it again I appreciate so much what you do on foxhole along with everyone who comments.

14. Dignified said:

Aw she’s a really good friend! It’s always good things coming from her! She’s sweet, and a keeper! Wow, she went out of her way, people like her can teach me (heck, most people) a thing or two about what it means to be a good friend!

You’re so cute Jamari! lol!