“Every N*gga Is A Star”: Moonlight Outshines The Rest

as they were reading the final names for “best picture”,
i legit was sitting there and said to myself about moonlight”

“it would be so funny if moonlight won…”

…and they announced it and i instantly screamed.
i’m so glad “moonlight” won the highest award.
it was such a good movie that touched so many in the foxhole.
i know the celebration will be heavy tonight.

everyone involved all definitely deserved it!
congrats from the foxhole!

lowkey: it was a good night for black folks at the golden globes.
viola.
tracee.
donald.
moonlight.
all who were nominated.
love.

1. mikey kun said:

I was watching tonight with pride so happy moonlight, viola, and Donald won. But I nearly cried when they announced tracee’s name I’ve been a big fan of hers since girlfriends and wondered back then when Hollywood was gonna she how naturally funny she is.

2. Ricardo fox said:

Yes lord you know I saw me growing up as well with this it was like my story when this comes out will watch like 3 timez a year but they should’ve gave them a love scene at end

3. Swaggonauto said:

Amazing and groundbreaking for all of us β€οΈοΈπŸ™ŒπŸ½πŸ™ŒπŸΎπŸ™ŒπŸΏ

4. Chris said:

It was a good night for black actors. Tracee’s win was a highlight for me.

5. Solar Fox said:

I’m so happy!! I only saw the film this week (LGBT films aren’t really shown in major movie theaters in the Caribbean) and was blown away. Totally deserving of that win πŸ˜€

6. HE_DID_THAT said:

Proud of Moonlight, but Ms.Ross was the highlight to me. Everyone was pulling for Issa Rae and wanted to celebrate her style of comedy. but so happy Tracee got hers first. She actually gave us that “Issa” effect on Girlfriends. Yeah Tracee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Y Colette said:

Some reporter asked Janelle Monae about Kim Burrell’s comments during the backstage interview with Moonlight cast in pressroom.She handled it well and basically said she is pro love and there is no place for hate.She also thanked her director for being pro inclusion.
    I am happy for Tracee and Viola and I guess I should see if I can find “Atlanta” on demand and check out the show on FX.

• Christian said:

I’ve only seen the first three episodes of Atlanta. It’s a “quirky” show.
      I’ll binge watch after I finish my other shows.
      I haven’t seen any episodes of Blackish though.

8. Isiah said:

The Homophobic str8 Black community finna try to claim Moonlight like this Kim Burrell and Shirely Caesar drama didn’t just happen.

• SlayingDumbBiatches said:

The gonna be like they trying to push the “gay agenda” if it wins.

9. SlayingDumbBiatches said:

Im guessing there’s no nakedness in Moonlight bc I haven’t seen any pics or gifs from the movie. lol

10. James said:

Why did you title this post in such a vulgar way? To celebrate the achievements of people of colour and one of the best films I’ve ever seen about the black gay experience, you chose to lower the tone, and in a way tarnish the achievement by using the ‘N’ word to describe these successful people of colour. Shameful.

• Adam Karrington said:

Maybe you,should see the movie. Perhaps then you would understand. I knew what the reference meant and so did Kendrick Lamar.

• Adam Karrington said:

*see it again

• James said:

Thanks, but not everyone mentioned in the post is in the film. It’s not just about the film.

11. omar marks said:

I cried when they won. I just hope Hollywood will start paying attention to our stories and want to see they are real stories that need to be on film.

12. Dean said:

Tracee Ellis Ross is not black. She’s mixed, mulatto or biracial so she should not be noted as a “black” win. In fact, to call her “black” is racist.

• Christian said:

^Really?!

• Nevets said:

With respect, she decides her identity, and identifies as a black woman. She’s the fruit of a melinated womb, and it is the mitochondrial DNA that determines lineage. If her dad were black and dad white, biology would support your assertion (Obama – a man ‘of color’).

• CJ said:

Tracee Ellis Ross IS A BLACK WOMAN because thats what she identifies with.She has the same experiences that blk woman have and had.Most blk americans have some degree of white admixture to there genes but we are still blk.

January 12, 2017
  13. Y Colette said:

Congratulations to Tracee Ellis Ross who is biracial but identifies as Black for being the first Black women to win in her category since 1983 when Debbie Allen won for Fame.
    Now let me go set my DVR to tape President Obama’s (who is also biracial but identifies as Black) farewell address on January 10, at 8pm CT. I am going to miss the Obamas, the first Black First Family.

14. Paul561 said:

Congrats, well deserved!
    I’ve seen Moonlight twice, and I must say, beautiful movie.

January 10, 2017
  15. S&M said:

Did Brad Pitt produced Moonlight?!

January 10, 2017
    • Y Colette said:

Yes his company Plan B was one of the producers.They partnered with A24 to produce Moonlight.

January 10, 2017